I am so excited about this simple one pot meal! It was so easy to throw together and it has a unique flavor that I loved (and so did Miguel) plus it made great left overs!
One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Pasta with Peppers
What You Need:
- One pound of chicken breast cut up into small pieces
- Olive Oil
- Minced Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalepeno diced (optional or you can add in another pepper of your choice)
- One box of shell pasta – I used whole wheat
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of water
- One small container of plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
What To Do:
- Cook chicken in olive oil, minced onion and minced garlic until no longer pink. When it is almost done, add in chopped peppers. Cook until tender.
- Add in the chicken broth, water, pasta and season with Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Cook covered until pasta is al-dente. This usually takes me 10-15 minutes. You can add more water gradually if it is getting to dry and noodles are not done cooking.
- Turn off heat. Add yogurt and stir until blended. Then add cheese and stir until melted and blended. If you want it creamier, add a splash of milk while you are mixing in the cheese.
That’s it! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to Pin for later so you can try this super simple dinner out!
Thanks for catching up!
For all of my one pot meals click here.
To read why I love one pot meals click here.