Today I am sharing a new super easy recipe with you all! Did you notice that I didn’t post a meal last month? #blogfail. But I’m back and ready to share another simple recipe that was made in about 5 ingredients plus seasonings! So you can’t get much better than that. For this recipe, I just started throwing things together, so it is definitely not anything fancy or mind blowing, but it tasted good and was just a different way to put together simple ingredients for a home-cooked comfort-food taste. I like to think of it as a step up from a normal spaghetti, so here we go.
Creamy Tomato Shells and Beef.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pasta: I used just under a full box of whole wheat shells
- Beef: I used lean ground beef
- Tomato sauce: I used 2, 8oz cans of Hunt’s
- Heavy Whipping cream: I had one of those little cartons (half a pint I think) and I used almost all of it.
- Parmesan: I use the fresh shredded kind
- Water: about 1 an 3/4 cup to 2 cups, add as you see fit as it is cooking ( started with 1.5 cups).
- Seasonings: Italian Seasoning, Minced Garlic, Onion Powder – to your liking
What you have to do:
- Brown the beef until crumbly.
- Add pasta, water, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Cook until pasta is just about done (this is usually about 11-15 minutes, depending how hard you like your noodles)
- While it is still on the heat, I slowly start adding in the heavy cream and stirring. I like to make thick creamy sauce, so go slow. And it is still going to cook a couple of minutes while you do this.
- Once you’re done. Turn off heat and add a handful of parmesan and stir until melted.
That’s it! I know this recipe isn’t very specific, but that’s the beauty of it, you can make it to your liking, I am just giving you the super simple idea and ingredients list. It sure was tasty and it made great leftovers!
Thanks for catching up!
For all of my one pot meals click here.
To read why I love one pot meals click here.