Today I am sharing a new super easy recipe with you all! Did you notice that I didn’t post a meal last month? #blogfail. But I’m back and ready to share another simple recipe that was made in about 5 ingredients plus seasonings! So you can’t get much better than that. For this recipe, I just started throwing things together, so it is definitely not anything fancy or mind blowing, but it tasted good and was just a different way to put together simple ingredients for a home-cooked comfort-food taste. I like to think of it as a step up from a normal spaghetti, so here we go.
Creamy Tomato Shells and Beef.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pasta: I used just under a full box of whole wheat shells
- Beef: I used lean ground beef
- Tomato sauce: I used 2, 8oz cans og Hunt’s
- Heavy Whipping cream: I had one of those little cartons (half a pint I think) and I used almost all of it.
- Parmesan: I use the fresh shredded kind
- Water: about 1 an 3/4 cup to 2 cups, add as you see fit as it is cooking ( started with 1.5 cups).
- Seasonings: Italian Seasoning, Minced Garlic, Onion Powder – to your liking
What you have to do:
- Brown the beef until crumbly.
- Add pasta, water, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Cook until pasta is just about done (this is usually about 11-15 minutes, depending how hard you like your noodles)
- While it is still on the heat, I slowly start adding in the heavy cream and stirring. I like to make thick creamy sauce, so go slow. And it is still going to cook a couple of minutes while you do this.
- Once you’re done. Turn off heat and add a handful of parmesan and stir until melted.
That’s it! I know this recipe isn’t very specific, but that’s the beauty of it, you can make it to your liking, I am just giving you the super simple idea and ingredients list. It sure was tasty and it made great leftovers!
Thanks for catching up!