Although we haven’t ventured out of the house too many times with baby Camilla during her first few months of life, we have needed something in the diaper bag every single time we have left the house. I did a lot of research on what you should have in your diaper bag before she was born and that mixed with my experience so far, I made a list of diaper bag essentials for a baby. So if you are wondering what you should have in your diaper bag for your new baby, keep reading!
I received this diaper bag as a shower gift from my mom and I LOVE it. I think it looks classy and stylish but it is also super functional, has a ton of room and the material is super easy to wipe off and seems really durable (plus I picked black so it would hide any dirt). I also like that it is light weight and a backpack for convenience (if you are carrying an infant car seat, you do not also want to carry a tote or purse… trust me.) I highly recommend it.
Infant Diaper Bag Necessities:
- Diapers (I have about 6-8 in there)
- Wipes – I got a smaller pack to put in here to save room.
- Diaper Clutch/Changing Pad: I use this to store the diapers, wipes and aquaphor and it also rolls out into a changing pad! I like that you can just take that out and have what you need for a changing handy
- Travel Size Diaper Rash Cream/Aquaphor
- Hand Sanitizer
- Extra Outfit: PJs or Onesie
- Gallon Ziploc Baggy – store the extra outfit in here so if the extra outfit is needed, you can put the dirty outfit in the baggy without getting the mess anywhere else!
- Burp Cloth
- Small Blanket
- Milk Snob Cover
- Small Toy/Teether depending on age
- Pacifier/Pacifier storage: I love this clip-on pacifier holder
- Bottle/Formula: I have some small premade formula bottles I can put in there or sometimes I make a bottle ahead of time to take with!
- I also store my personal items in the front zipper pocket: Wallet, sunglasses, mask. keys
I am sure as she gets older our diaper bag will evolve but for now, and for the foreseeable future, this about covers anything we would need for a short, day outing!